The furlough payment recovery mechanism is to be launched sometime during the week commencing 20th April.
Employers must have a UK bank account and have enrolled for PAYE online. This process can take up to 10 days under normal working conditions.
Employers should discuss with their staff and make any changes to the employment contract by agreement.
To make the claim you will need:
* Your PAYE reference number
* The number of employees being furloughed
* Names and National Insurance numbers of the furloughed staff
* Payroll numbers for the furloughed staff
* UTR, Corporation Tax reference or Company Registration Number.
* The claim period (start and end date) minimum 3 consecutive week period)
* Amount claimed
* Bank account number and sort code
* Contact name and phone number
Claims can be backdated to 1st March where employees were already furloughed. Worker’s wages should be reduced to 80% of their salary within the payroll before they are paid. Any employees you place on furlough must be furloughed for a minimum period of 3 consecutive weeks. When they return to work they must be taken off furlough. Employees can be furloughed multiple times, but each separate instance must be for a minimum period of 3 consecutive weeks.
Latest posts by Tania (see all)
- Flexible Furloughing from 1st July 2020 - June 9, 2020
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme - June 9, 2020
- Making Errors on Coronavirus job Retention Scheme Claims - May 13, 2020